Gabriel Christopher & Co. specialise in acting for charities and not for profit organisations. We act for various charities and not for profit organisations from small local charities under the audit threshold up to larger charities who operate internationally.
We regard our size as our strength – we are able to offer a personalised, cost effective and reliable accountancy service with a friendly down to earth approach combined with the knowledge and expertise you would expect from a larger organisation.
Key to building a sustainable relationship with our clients is not just ensuring you meet your regulatory obligations but also taking the time to get to know you, embracing your culture and ethos.
From the very beginning we can offer you assistance with:
- Charity accounting and audit services – specifically dealing with the issues pertinent to the charity and not for profit sectors
- Independent examination of charity accounts
- Charity taxation services including Gift Aid
- SORP accounting and compliance
- Payroll & VAT
- Implementation and training on new computerised accounting systems
- Internal controls
- Governance reviews
- Trustees’ annual report content advice to include public benefit reporting
- Completion of annual returns
- Advice on how to set up a charity
- Guidance on charity funding
We have experience of dealing with a wide range of charities, from conservation to health and medical, professional to sport and recreation charities. Specific areas of expertise include:
- Faith based charities and organisations – including the new requirement to register with the Charity Commission for previously excepted charities
- Local charities
- Care homes
- Housing associations
- Community based charities
- Clubs and associations